Hi, there! This is my first post on the blog! 🙂 Let´s start with a recipe wich can be done with many kinds of vegetables, chicken, beaf, ham, cheese…
Croquettes are typial from Spain, at home usually done the day after a chicken soup, restaurants or even in some cities and towns when you go to a bar, some food comes as free with the drink you ordered and many times this food is croquettes.
- Olive oil (40-50 ml)
- Onion (1/2)
- Milk (375 ml)*
- Homemade chicken soup (375 ml) (if you don´t have it you can use 750 ml of milk*)
- Chicken from the soup, or roasted (without bones) and ham
- White flour (75 gr)
- Nutmeg powder (optional)
- 1 or 2 eggs
1) Cut the half onion very small and separet the chicken from the bones.
2) The bechamel: In a hot pot with olive oil, fry the onion slowly, with salt. Once it will turn into gold colour, add 75 gr of flour and stir quickly. When the onion will be yellow a few seconds later, add the milk (hot) and the chicken soup (hot) if we are going to use it.
Always on low heat, continue stirring with a wooden spoon (at the beginning slowly and the strongly) and you will see flour lumps. Don´t worry, minutes later they will desappear. Add salt, nutmeg, the chicken and ham. Stire 3 or 4 minutes and put the bechamel on a tupperware. Keep it all night in the fridge, then it will be more easy to make the croquettes.
3) Good morning bechamel! 😀
Now, mix 2 eggs on a bowl. Take two dishes, one for the flour and the other for the breadcrumps.
Use a spoon or a pastry bag to make the shape, a “ball” of bechamel or the typical shape.
Dip in flour, then in egg and then in breadcrumps. The order matters.
4) Now, you can fry them in a pan with olive oil.